Owner and Founder
Brad is the Founder and Owner of RentWerx, in San Antonio, Texas managing 1,000+ single-family homes with 35+ staff members. In 2017, Brad started the Property Management Mastermind Podcast, created the Property Management Mastermind Facebook Group, started the Biz Dev Mastermind Consulting Service, and started the Property Management Mastermind Conference. Brad has been a NARPM® Member since 2014, as well as a presenter, speaker, and exhibitor at NARPM Conferences. He also served as the NARPM Accounting Standards Committee Chair in 2018 and has most recently been accepted as a NARPM certified instructor.
Hometown: Carroll, Iowa. Brad was raised in Carroll, Iowa attending Carroll Kuemper High School. His parents were both school teachers.
- Graduate of the New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell, NM in 1996 where Brad was also commissioned as an Army Infantry Officer in addition to earning a baseball scholarship as a shortstop.
- Graduate of Morningside University, Sioux City, IA in 1998 where Brad received his Bachelor’s degree while continuing his baseball career. Upon graduation, Brad immediately went on to Army Active Duty.
- Graduate of the University of Phoenix, San Antonio, TX in 2011 where Brad received his Master’s of Business Administration degree.
- 1992 – Enlisted in the Iowa Army National Guard.
- 1996 – Commissioned as an Army Infantry Officer.
- 1998 – Entered Army Active Duty serving at Fort Lewis, WA and Camp Casey South Korea.
- 2002 – Left Army Active Duty and moved to San Antonio, TX.
Other businesses and titles:
- www.PMMCON.com – Founder of the Property Management Mastermind Conference.
- www.PropertyManagementMastermind.com – Host of the Property Management Mastermind Podcast Show.
- www.BizDevMastermind.com – Co-Founder of the Biz Dev Mastermind Sales Consulting Service.
- www.ManagersRoundTable.com – Founder of the Managers Round Table Group Service and Legacy Webinar.
- www.PropertyManagerBroker.com – Licensed Business Broker in the State of Texas and Host of the PM Broker Podcast.
Grow to Sell – but NEVER Sell!
With all the industry talk of buying and selling management companies, Brad Larsen will detail out reasons to sell….and reasons to NOT sell. There is no better drill to make improvements to your business than taking the mindset that you are preparing to place that business on the market. Give yourself a timeline. Lay out a plan. Get your accounting in order. Along the way, this presentation will detail out specific actions with consequences in selling a business – and what to be prepared for with buyer integration, staff retention, federal & state sales tax, and tax avoidance strategies to consider. It may be the right option for you and there are plenty of purchasers! Discussing the flip side of that, Brad will make the case why you should never sell your business by empowering team members and creating a legacy income stream full of opportunities for your family and team. You will learn more about buying and selling a management company, and this presentation may sway you in one direction if you have ever been on the fence about the future of your business.